Our Values and Promises
At UHNM we have created a unique set of values and promises which were developed by staff, patients and carers. Our values are: Together, Compassion, Safe and Improving.
Why do we need values?
97% of the UK’s greatest places to work have organisational values. They put their values at the heart of everything they do and they believe their success is due to their values
- What makes UHNM unique? What is important at UHNM? Our own organisational values describe this.
- When we welcome employees to the UHNM family we want people who also ‘live our values’. We can always train them in skills.
- Our values and promises influence how the staff here at UHNM act; we will feel it and our patients will feel it.
- We need to be recruiting people against our values and need to be holding people to account.
- They inspire people into action. People take positive action because they aspire to live up to our values and feel safe and empowered to innovate as a result.
- We are striving to achieve our Vision – how we do this successfully will be by living our values
- Simply put, they shape our organisational culture, if we love them, then we will live them!
- We are a Team – I will be considerate, help others to achieve our goals and support others to make positive changes
- We are Appreciative – I will acknowledge and thank people for their efforts and contributions
- We are Inclusive – I will be open and honest, welcome people’s views and opinions and involve people in decisions that affect them
- We are Supportive – I will be empathetic and reassuring. I will support and encourage people when they need it
- We are Respectful – I will treat people fairly, with respect and dignity, protect their privacy and help them to feel comfortable
- We are Friendly – I will be welcoming and approachable. I will make eye contact, say hello and introduce myself
- We Communicate Well – I will explain clearly, share relevant and timely information and keep people updated
- We are Organised – I will plan ahead, manage my time well and be prompt in what I do
- We Speak Up – I will contribute to ensuring healthy and constructive feedback for all so we can feel safe to challenge inappropriate care and behaviour and promote our values
- We Listen – I will welcome people’s views and ideas, invite people to ask questions and share their opinions and respond to what I hear
- We Learn – I will share best practice, celebrate good performance and support others to use their skills, learn and grow
- We Take Responsibility – I will have a positive attitude, act and encourage people to take the initiative and make improvements